October 2018 Diving Trip help

3 months 6 days ago #303488 by jschum403
jschum403 created the topic: October 2018 Diving Trip help
Hi everyone. I will be coming to Australia after a dive trip to Fiji in October 2018. I will only have a day or two to dive and was wondering where I should go? We will spend some time on both the east and west coasts. Doing the Great Barrier Reef sounds interesting but so does Shark Bay on the west coast. I also read something about Potato Cod that interested me. As you can tell I don't have much knowledge of Australian diving so any help or suggestions like where to go and good dive operators is greatly appreciated.

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 6 days ago #303489 by SouthCoastDiver
SouthCoastDiver replied the topic: October 2018 Diving Trip help
Hi Joe

I've not dived Shark Bay but it would be a shame to travel that far north and not dive Ningaloo Reef off Exmouth or Coral Bay. Diving here will give you the opportunity to dive in warm, relatively clear water and see manta ray, sea snakes, reef sharks and potato cod. ;) October will also give you the opportunity to swim (not dive) with humpback whales if you have a healthy budget.

It's a 1200 km drive north from Perth but there are domestic flights from Perth to Learmonth (approx 40 kms from Exmouth, 100 kms from Coral bay) if you can afford the not particularly cheap tickets. Both towns are well set up for tourists with plenty of types of accommodation and pick-ups for the dive charters etc.

If any of this appeals and you want to do further research, try the two companies below. Have dived with both and would not hesitate to recommend them but there are plenty of other companies diving the reef too. www.diveningaloo.com.au or www.exmouthdiving.com.au

Not sure where you're traveling from Joe but many tourists don't appreciate the size of Australia. Do some careful research mate to ensure you have sufficient time to travel to and then enjoy your preferred spots.

Good luck with the travel plans.

Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: jschum403

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.