Hobart diving

1 year 1 month ago #302613 by PaulD
PaulD created the topic: Hobart diving
Hi all,
I'm currently down here in Hobart for a few more weeks and looking at getting out for some diving. Can anyone give any advice about good places to dive. I'm happy to go shore diving or boat doesn't really matter but shore dives are probably easiest for me.

Cheers,
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #302614 by james
james replied the topic: Hobart diving
Hi Paul,
there are a few reasonable shore dives around Hobart, such as the Tinderbox Marine reserve, off the boat ramp at the southern end of Kingston Beach is always a good spot to see a few weedy sea dragons along with the northern end Blackmans Bay. Another interesting dive is off Crayfish Point at Taroona in the research reserve. More detailed descriptions of these dives and others can be found at marinelife.org.au/?page_id=85 .

Eagle Hawk Neck on the Tasman Peninsula is not to far away and offers world class temperate water diving and a few shore dive options as does Bicheno further up the coast. At the moment Go Dive would be the best option for charter dive.

I do most of my diving with the Tasmanian SCUBA Diving Club we run dives from our boat most weekends, our dive calendar up to the end of this month can be found at www.tsdc.org.au/diving.php

More
1 year 1 month ago #302615 by PaulD
PaulD replied the topic: Hobart diving
Thanks James,
I did send an inquiry to the club via the website a few weeks ago but never heard back. I might try and make it along to a meeting sometime and introduce myself.

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.