Bunurong Marine Park - Victoria

1 year 8 months ago #302070 by Dave
Dave created the topic: Bunurong Marine Park - Victoria
I'm looking for info from those that know the Bunurong area. I would love to try some shore diving down there.

Are there good locations that offer easy shore entries for someone carrying a fair sized camera rig? I'm particularly looking for sites that have good photography potential - eg good fish life, colourful sponges, bryozoans, sea fans etc would be great if possible.

If you know any suitable sites I would love to hear further details on how to get there, parking, best entry/exit point (and whether it's sand or rocky), best tide etc.

In particular what wind and swell direction is best for the area?

Any info much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #302075 by Bellywacka
Bellywacka replied the topic: Bunurong Marine Park - Victoria
Cape paterson, drop your gear at the boat ramp and park up top. Nice beach to walk in from past the "bath"
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Bellywacka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave

More
1 year 8 months ago #302152 by Dave
Dave replied the topic: Bunurong Marine Park - Victoria
Thanks Bellywacka!

Anyone else got any info?

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #302154 by packo
packo replied the topic: Bunurong Marine Park - Victoria
If you have an ipad/tablet, parks vic has a field guide app for this park that you can download from this link: Get Field Guide App . I haven't seen it but claims to not be all glossy pics, with some park access notes & maps.

I recently saw a parks map of this marine park which, as they now often do, has some bathymetry from their high resolution Lidar data set. - Not at full resolution mind you, but enough to be helpful for prospecting reefs and other structure.

Ok - I have now found it again, and hacked it out of a larger document as a single page PDF. Can't seem to upload to diveoz for general distribution, but If you are happy to PM me with your email address I can send it to you.

packo
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by packo.

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.